COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
HQ Client will only collect personal information as necessary for the functions or activities of HQ Client, including provision of client services. HQ Client may also collect sensitive information, such as memberships of a professional or trade association or health information in limited circumstances, including:
- with consent, or
- where required or permitted by law
Sometimes we may need to source personal information about our clients from third parties. If we do so, we will take reasonable steps to inform our clients of this.
Our internet server automatically uses a browser cookie to store a random session identifier. We do so to improve the functionality and design of our web site. In addition, HQ Client may store any personal information submitted via online form available on its website. HQ Client may store personal information that is submitted to it via any online form on its website.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HQ Client uses and discloses personal information in order to execute its core functions: to provide client services as requested or otherwise carry on its business.
Additional circumstances which may require use or disclosure of personal information:
- When we have consent
- To comply with the Privacy Act
- As otherwise authorised or required by law as part of an investigation into unlawful activity
- To contact clients and other parties to promote our full range of services, events and publications relevant to client business interests. You can opt out of offers, promotions and communications at any time by request.
- When third party contractors require information (for example, to store and archive client files or to monitor and improve our services)
We will not disclose personal information to third parties for the purposes of engaging in direct marketing.
HOW WE MANAGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
HQ Client will take all reasonable steps to make sure that the data it collects is accurate, complete and up to date.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Individuals may request access to their personal information held by HQ Client on request, unless access is restricted under the Privacy Act, for example if:
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of others; or
- the information would prejudice negotiations we are having with you; or
- giving access would be unlawful
If HQ Client declines to provide access to the personal information it holds, it will provide reason(s) why to the extent this is permitted or practicable.
If you would like more information about the way HQ Client handles privacy, or if you wish to make a privacy complaint in relation to HQ Client, please contact: email@example.com